Friday, May 8, 2009

I can't believe i am doing this!


So yes we are owners/parents of two kittens! Cats!! what am i thinking! well listen...so when the snow melted this spring it reveled mice (or some kind of animal related to the mole, either way varmint family non the less!) tunnels in our grass. No we never found any even remotely close to or in the house, i would be taking much more drastic measures if that were the case. So with that, we live near fields and tractors, we thought okay cats are the way to really make sure we never see them close. We bribed Payton with the potty training, she accomplished and now we have cats! yeah, we are nuts! if you know me at all you know that i, sorry, just do not like cats! These cats will be OUTSIDE cats you can be sure of that!

I thought this was hilarious Payton put them in her car and "pretended" with them for such a long time! i guess it is a good thing to get her playing by herself. Although i do feel the need to watch closely so she doesn't strangle them. She is learning!

Black one is Oliver (she watched Oliver and Co. the day we got them) and the Grey one is Stella (thank you Cinn). Payton just wants to hold them 24/7 i guess it makes them better cats? that or they will run and hide every time they see her coming! and yes that is a punch mustache on my child's face from dinner!

This is how we spent the first night. They were scared and hide under the car. Payton didn't like that much. We put them in our garage for a little so the dogs in the neighborhood don't get them. New neighborhood and not a whole lot of places to hide. Trust me this is the only time you will see me taking the side of a cat!

This is us picking up the cat that later turned into 2!cats!!! just in case something happens to one and because i may not like cats but i would feel really bad having one lonely cat.

7 comments:

Evans said...

That's funny! Elle loves titty tats, thats what she calls them! I'm sure Payton is lovin it!

SKIPR said...

Wow! I actually think the kitties are cutie! I am freaking about the mice, though!!!
ps. are you sure you're even pregnant?! looking at your picture (and not seeing you for a while;) I totally forgot until I saw the title on the previous post.... are you even showing yet?

Callie said...

Love the jacket in the last pic Brandee...of course I still have mine. Best thing about cheerleading really.

I knew you were a cat person deep down!

Randi said...

Hey I hate cats also but they are pretty freakin' cute. I hope you had a great mothers day. Love ya

Jess Mangum said...

oh brandee.. cats? they better love mice ha!

The Morrisons... said...

Not at all a cat lover! Good luck with that. At least she is potty trained right? Do you know what you are having...maybe I missed that post about it!

Kylee said...

How cute is that picture of Payton holding them both?! Come on, that's gotta make you like cats!